The Coral Group Host Families
In order to better serve our international and American students, enhance their success in their academic and personal goals, and to offer an enriching cultural experience,
we would like to invite you to consider staying with a host family in Santa Barbara.
Students who stay with host families enjoy extraordinary and profound experiences. Many make life-long friends and enjoy in the benefits that come with living with a host family. Our goal is to connect our students with American families from Santa Barbara. Overall, the basic requirements for living in a host family are:
1. To have a genuine interest in meeting and living with an American family,
2. To honor the family rules.
Coral Group Host Families:
- are open to international as well as American college students
- are located within 10 miles of downtown Santa Barbara
- provide 7 continental breakfasts and 5 dinners per week
- provide internet availability and laundry
- are available for 1-2 semester stays only (minimum 4-5months)
If, after reviewing the information on our website, you truly wish to live with a host family, please fill out our Application for Host Family and sign the Student Agreement. Once we receive your application, copy of passport and I-20, and signed Student Agreement, we will provide you with prospective host family information. We do our best to match students with the best possible host family and make sure once students are in Santa Barbara, they are feeling comfortable and safe.
Please understand that the need for housing varies with every semester, as well as the number of students we receive and thus, we cannot guarantee placement for all applications.
For all Santa Barbara families interested in hosting with The Coral Group, please fill out an application and we will be in touch to share about our program. Please contact:
Lindsay Hewitt at 805.570.5077 or